Clinical laboratory consulting, applications and Web sites.
I have experience in a number of areas utilizing
- LC/MSMS, including, “LCMSMS methods for catecholamine metabolites”, “measurement of drugs of abuse”, “25-OH Vitamin D”, “8-Isoprostane”, “Vitamins A and E” and “Prednisolone and other steroids”
- I have a wide-ranging technical background with major interests in HPLC, mass spectrometry, capillary electrophoresis
- Information technology.
- I can get by in objective-c
- ruby and html/css.
- You can see some of my work on github at https://github.com/cwebster/
- I have an app on the app store for calculating sigma values for clinical assays https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/assay-specification-six-sigma/id672408581?mt=8
- Hepcidin detects iron deficiency in Sri Lankan adolescents with a high burden of hemoglobinopathy: A diagnostic test accuracy study. Wray K, Allen A, Evans E, Fisher C, Premawardhena A, Perera L, Rodrigo R, Goonathilaka G, Ramees L, Webster C, Armitage AE, Prentice AM, Weatherall DJ, Drakesmith H, Pasricha SR. Am J Hematol. 2017 Feb;92(2):196-203. doi: 10.1002/ajh.24617.
- Simultaneous detection of five one-carbon metabolites in plasma using stable isotope dilution liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. Adaikalakoteswari A, Webster C, Goljan I, Saravanan P. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016 Feb 15;1012-1013:186-92. doi: 10.1016/j.jchromb.2016.01.026. Epub 2016 Jan 23.
- Rapidly Escalating Hepcidin and Associated Serum Iron Starvation Are Features of the Acute Response to Typhoid Infection in Humans, Darton TC, Blohmke CJ, Giannoulatou E, Waddington CS, Jones C, Sturges P, Webster C, Drakesmith H, Pollard AJ, Armitage AE. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2015 Sep 22;9(9):e0004029. doi: 10.1371/journal.pntd.0004029. eCollection 2015 Sep.
- Low maternal vitamin B12 status is associated with lower cord blood HDL cholesterol in white Caucasians living in the UK Adaikalakoteswari, A., Vatish, M., Lawson, A., Wood, C., Sivakumar, K., McTernan, P. G., et al. (2015). Nutrients, 7(4), 2401–2414. http://doi.org/10.3390/nu7042401
- Hepcidin is suppressed by erythropoiesis in hemoglobin E beta-thalassemia and beta-thalassemia trait, Jones, E., Pasricha, S.-R., Allen, A., Evans, P., Fisher, C. A., Wray, K., et al. (2015). Blood, 125(5), 873–880. http://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2014-10-606491
- Distinct patterns of hepcidin and iron regulation during HIV-1, HBV, and HCV infections, Armitage, A. E., Stacey, A. R., Giannoulatou, E., Marshall, E., Sturges, P., Chatha, K., et al. (2014). Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 111(33), 12187–12192. http://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1402351111
- Subclinical thyroid dysfunction and cardiac function amongst minority ethnic groups in the UK: A cross sectional study. Gill PS, Patel JV, Chackathayil J, Webster C, Davis RC, Hughes E, Lip GY. Int J Cardiol. 2013 Aug 16. doi:pii: S0167-5273(13)01555-6. 10.1016/j.ijcard.2013.08.030. [Epub ahead of print]
- Relationship of total 25-OH vitamin D concentrations to Indices of Multiple Deprivation: geoanalysis of laboratory results Craig Webster, Ann Clin Biochem, January 2013; vol. 50, 1: pp. 31-38.
- Vitamin D deficiency amongst minority ethnic groups in the UK: a cross sectional study, Jeetesh V. Patel, Julia Chackathayil, Elizabeth A. Hughes, Craig Webster, Gregory Y.H. Lip, Paramjit S. Gill, International journal of cardiology 9 November 2012 (Article in Press DOI: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2012.05.081)
- Circulating DBP level and prognosis in operated lung cancer: an exploration of pathophysiology, Turner AM, McGowan L, Millen A, Rajesh P, Webster C, Langman G, Rock G, Tachibana I, Tomlinson MG, Berditchevski F, Naidu B., Eur Respir J. 2013 Feb;41(2):410-6. doi: 10.1183/09031936.00002912. Epub 2012 May 3.
- Comparison of serum lipoprotein(a) concentration and two single-nucleotide polymorphisms associated with elevated lipoprotein(a) to kringle repeat number determined from genomic DNA, A.J. Lawson, R. Marrington, C. Jewkes, C. Webster, A. Jones, Atherosclerosis 1 August 2012 (volume 223 issue 2 Page 529 DOI: 10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2012.06.03
- Effect of historical changes in HDL-cholesterol measurements on cardiovascular risk assessment, Liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the measurement of serum mevalonic acid: a novel marker of hydroxymethylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase inhibition by statins, Marrington, C. Webster, C. Jewkes, A. Jones, Atherosclerosis 1 October 2011 (volume 218 issue 2 Page e2 DOI: 10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2011.07.062)
- Waldron J, Webster C. Ann Clin Biochem. 2011 May;48(Pt 3):223–232, Measurement of urinary metadrenaline and normetadrenaline by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry for the diagnosis of phaeochromocytoma. Marrington R, Johnston J, Knowles S, Webster C. Ann Clin Biochem. 2010 Sep.;47(Pt 5):467–475.
- Are our HDL assays fit for purpose? Rachel Marrington, Craig Webster, Pamela Sturges, Eileen Macerola, Christina Jewkes and Alan Jones, Atherosclerosis, Volume 213, Issue 1, November 2010, Page e2,
- Ethnic differences in umbilical cord blood vitamin D and parathyroid hormone – South Asians compared to Whites born in the UK. Sulaiman et al. Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine (0) vol. 0 (0) pp. 1-3
- Delivering Multimedia Education in Clinical Biochemistry eJIFCC 2006;17(2) Paper 1
- Case-of-the-Week: connected, collaborative clinical chemistry eJIFCC 2006;17(2) Paper 2
- Web usability and database connectivity how to use them in the laboratory, electronic journal of the IFCC, Vol 15 no 1, 2004, http://www.ifcc.org/ejifcc/vol15no1/150102200401n.htm
- Web Sites for Everyone, ACB News Sheet March 2001
- Electronic publication of the eJIFCC, Editorial, electronic Journal of the International Federation Of Clinical Chemists, Volume 12 No 3, 2000
- The Internet, Journal of the International Federation Of Clinical Chemists, 1997
- An Internet Resource Guide, ACB News sheet March 1995